Saturday, October 24, 2015

My Kamalia......

Sofiyah and I drove to Mr Yap's workshop in Seremban since Mercs was having problem with its engine. There were 'weezing' sounds when I press the accelerator.  Not good....said Ah Boy, Mr Yap's mechanic.

Badruzzaman and Maisara arrived later and Ah Boy explained to Bard re Mercs problems. 

Then we all got into Bard's car and reached Mak's abode just before Zuhur prayers.  Bard and Sara then went visiting hubby's siblings in Seremban bringing their bakul Sia filled with dodol.  Sofiyah and I stayed at Mak's abode.

I fed mak spagetti which Sara cooked.  Then I sat with abah and Sofiyah whilst eating the spagetti.  It was delicious.

Abah then requested that I cooked rendang daging for him.  So after Bard and Sara arrived to fetch Sofiyah home, I walked to the grocery shop, to buy the ingredients, about half a kilometre from Mak's abode.

It was while walking that I noticed a Honda tailing me.  As it slowed down I saw a tudung clad head looking out the car window.  I ignored the lady and continued walking....  Then suddenly the Honda halted a few metres infront of me and the lady jumped out the car and open up her arms and smiling so sweetly and calling my name.....Liza..Liza....

OMG....the lady was Kamaliah....I ran towards her and we hug each other.  The last time I met Kamaliah was at kak ngah's wedding in February.  I asked Kamaliah how come she recognized me from the back?  She said...she will always remember the way I walked and my forever not fat body...Hahaahaha....

Kamaliah and I were friends since we were teenagers.  Her late mom will only let Kamaliah on outings with me only. Her late mom trusted me to take Kamaliah shopping or to watch movies.  I was her 'pengapit' (aka bridesmaid) when she got married.  I remembered cycling to her house to fulfill her wish that I be her bridesmaid.  I cycled about 3Km to her house from my cousin's wedding also on the same day. 

I remembered being her chaperone on her first date with her husband-to-be.  It was hilarious when she asked me to follow her, but I obliged.  We went to Jln TAR to window shop and then lunch.  After lunch we returned to Seremban. That was forty eight years ago....

So....when Kamaliah got into her car I requested that her hubby Jasni take our pictures. 

Kamaliah....you are my bff.  You are forever sweet and innocent. I love you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...