Monday, June 4, 2012

Langkawi Cable Car ride...


(Langkawi Cable Car station is within the Oriental Village, Langkawi)

(my mon and dad alighting from our rented van (15 seater)

(my dad posing at the entrance)

(the cable car station)

(the ride up to the 1st peak, there's a look out point there, and then continue the ride to the top)

(with darling hubby....)

(posing at the entrance to the cable car ride)

(with son, Khairulzaman.....)

(my parents in the cable car with a tourist from Perth, Australia)

(the view from inside the cable car..... lush green jungle and the sea beyond...awesome)

 (view of the cable car station on the way up....)

(view on the way down....)


We spent the second day during our trip to Langkawi at the Oriental village.  We took a ride on the cable car.  My parents, Ayeshah and myself were in one car, whilst hubby with Sofiyah, Khairulzaman and Wahiduzzaman were in another.  We shared the car with a couple from Perth Australia.

Well, boarding the car, with my aging parents, was quite a problem, because one have to, literally, jumped on board.  So, when it was my parents turn to board, the staff manning the cars, had to signal to the cable car operator, to halt the car, so that both my parents could board.  Thus, when one car stops.....the rest of the cars in mid air also stop moving....Imagine one's heart missing a beat there..... I was so relived when my parents managed to board the car safely.  It was a pleasant ride all the way to the top....But then, after we passed the first stopover the weather changed and there was thick haze (like the London smog) so we could not see anything...It was spooky alright....

Then on the way down, again we have to pass through the thick haze...and my dad was saying his prayers softly....I assured him not to worry... Then, when we reached the bottom, again, my parents, especially my dad have difficulty getting off the cable car.  The Australian couple were already off, so was Ayeshah.  Then I began to panic because the car was moving and I was holding on to my dad, trying to get off, and my mother behind me.  Luckily the staff saw our predicament and stop the car from moving.  My parents alighted safely, Alhamdullillah.

I asked my parents whether they would like to ride the cable car again...their answer, "Sure, why not? But only on a sunny day.....".


(cable car ride May 14, 2012 (Monday)








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...