Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Badruzzaman's 24th Birthday






Badruzzaman (my eldest son, but third among his siblings) celebrated his 24th birthday today.  His birthday this year falls on the 2nd day of Chinese New Year.  According to the Chinese calendar, he was born in the year of the Dragon....

We got him a small  (1 kg) Black Forest Cake for his birthday.  Kak Long (Siti Khadijah) and Khairulzaman were not around when Badruzzaman cut his birthday cake.  Kak Long was at work whilst Khairulzaman had returned to his university.  We bought the cake at a bakery shop in Kajang Prima.

Whilst we were eating the cake, Badruzzaman suddenly asked me whether I could still recall how he was born 24 years ago.  I said, sure I remembered very well..... For you my son, here is the story...

Your dad, kak long and kak ngah (Siti Ayeshah) were watching a Pink Panther cartoon video that night.  I was on the sofa bed with Kak Long and Kak ngah whilst dad was lying on the carpet, when kak long suddenly pulled at my sarong and said, "Yang, yang kencing eh, kain yang basah..." (Yang (my two daughters called me that when they were toddlers), your sarong all wet, you peed eh..).

I quickly got up and realized my water-bag had burst....water was dripping between my thighs.....My husband panicked and asked whether the baby is going to come out..I said, "No lah dear....still got time....".  So I told him to go get our car at the garage while I packed the childrens' clothes for their stay at my brother-in-law's house in Gombak.  My bag for my stay at the hospital was already in the car booth (it was in the car booth since last month!).

We were staying at 11th mile Cheras Road at that time and there were no highways to take us to Gombak.  Luckily it was already past midnight and there were hardly any traffic.  When we reached Gombak, it was almost 1am.  We had to wake my bro-in-law and his wife and apologised for troubling them.  I dared not get out of the car to bid goodbye to my two daughters because I was afraid my baby would suddenly 'drop' if I stood.  My sister-in-law was a midwife at the Kuala Lumpur Hospital so she assured me I would not deliver so soon....

But my husband did not want to take any chances and drove me to the hospital like a race car driver.....I told him to stay calm and drive safely....When we finally reached Pantai Medical Centre, we went straight to the Labour wards.    The ward sister attended to me and notified my Doctor Maheswaran (Mrs).   My labour pains started from 3am....hubby was with me all the time...holding my hands, stroking my head and praying for me too.

Abang (Badruzzaman), you finally came into this world at 6.03am.  When the doctor put you into my arms...the Azan Subuh (call for Fajr prayers) were heard in the distance, since the Universiti Malaya mosque was nearby.  Dad took you in his arms and recite the Azan on your right ear and the Qamat on your left ear... Then Dad went to the mosque for Fajr prayer.

The ward nurse than took you away, and when you were returned to me, I began to breastfeed you..... I breastfed you everyday for twenty months, would have completed the last four months, but I was already expecting your little brother by then....




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...