Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My folding bicycle







I went to the stadium over the weekend to try out the folding bike I bought on eBay Msia.  Kak Long, my eldest daughter accompanied me.  We had to use the Toyota hilux since my car could not accommodate the folding bicycle.  When I tried to put the bike into my car, the handles could not go in….and there was no way to shorten the handle by pressing it down.
So….I may have to buy the Reebok folding bike which I saw at Alamanda shopping mall in Putrajaya.

Anyway, when I rode the bike, it was wonderful….. Of course, since this was the first time I was trying it out, I dare not increase my riding speed.  I did not want to get injured on my first try… Also there was no problem riding on the track either…So, I managed to cycle for about half an hour, going round and round the track.

Well, I was not cycling alone either….there were other cyclists too...very young ones, and when they completed one round…I only did half!! Hehehe…. Anyway, I felt safe cycling at the stadium.  If I were to cycle on the road, there were too many vehicles and plus the fumes I had to inhale…. Well, till I get a buddy to cycle with me, I would love to try cycling along the LEKAS highway…less traffic and also the highway very straight one…no hill until you reach Mantin….

The Reebok folding bike cost more than RM1,000, around RM1,200; so I may have to safe my allowance to purchase it.  Hopefully within the next two months… My eldest daughter said she will chip in too so that I could get the bike earlier….God Willing…

I also cycle in the evening i.e. after  fetching Sofiyah from school.  I only cycle around the neighbourhood…again, no traffic within the area.  Wish some of my neighbours would join me…but alas, none are willing…..

When I was cycling at the stadium, there were a few joggers on the track and how I wish I could run like before.  Its a lot easier to run...I only need a pair of running shoes, no problem with that... But then, again, its my heel....I have been taking Arcoxia daily now...and I am down to my last pack.  After that, I had to see the doctor again...



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...