Saturday, April 17, 2010

Fifi, my cat


Fifi is 11 years old now. Shes no longer playful. If I scratched her neck, she would purrr and closed her eyes. I really love her. So does my children. Shes also as old as Sofiyah. In fact, it was 11 years ago that I found her in front of my car tyre. I was at the fishmonger in Sungai Kantan at that time. She was just a kitten then. It was love at first sight for me.

She was so frail. Her eyes were watery and she was so skinny. My heart melted when she looked at me with those eyes of hers. So, after putting my grocery in the car booth, I picked her up and put her on the front passenger seat. She just sat there, hardly moving. I thought she was dying.

I then went to the vet at Taman Bukit Kajang. Dr June of Reliance Veterinary Clinic attended to Fifi. After treating her, I asked Dr June what should I do next. She told me to put Fifi in a cage, together with the litter box and her food tray. She was so tiny when I put her in the cage. This is one way of training her to poo in the litter box, otherwise, she would poo poo anywhere she pleases if not trained.

After about a week, I took her to see Dr June again. Dr June said she could leave the cage but put the litter box closer to the door each day. Once she got the idea that she had to poo outside the house, she got an A++ for that deed. Hahahaa.

Anyway, Fifi was very playful. She would come up to me whilst I was watching television, and would jump up onto my lap. Never once did she ever poo in the house, until now. She also does not scratch the furniture or jump onto my bed or the childrens' bed. She was so disciplined.

I would play with her when I have the time. I would use ping pong ball to let her chase it when it bounced. When it comes to bathing her, she actually love it. That was because I use warm water in the pail to bathe her. Wipe her dry with a towel, and blow dry her fur.

Then, she got pregnant!! But then.. (view my next post pls)

1 comment:

Seri Kandi Tanah Jauhar said...

....???

to be continued.. haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...