Sunday, April 29, 2018

Wedding Reception - Singapore


Hubby sent me to Corus Hotel for my trip to Singapore.  I boarded Aeroline five minutes before departure at 8am, because I had tummy ache and was in the hotel loo for almost ten minutes. Hahaha....

The journey was comfortable and I spent my time reading the Noble Quran on my mobile and also update my blog. Pitt stop was at Pagoh R & R, and I got down to go to the toilet, again.

Arrived Harbour Front safely. Alhamdulillah.  Used Google Map to locate the nearest Masjid for solat jamaq and qasar Zuhur and Asar.  Unfortunately, got confused with the directions. So, enquired from a nice lady.  She obliged to show me the way until the escalator at the LRT station, which lead me, after a short walk, to the Masjid Temenggong Daeng Ibrahim at Telok Blangah Road. She is Japanese and when I thanked her, she bowed her head. So I bowed too.

After I did my solat, walked back to the LRT station, and purchased a ticket for my trip to Orchard Road where the wedding venue is located. This time two nice ladies (fellow Malaysians) helped me with purchasing the tickets and also took me to the correct platform. They were here on holiday.

I got down at Dhoby Ghaut station, after thanking and saying ta ta to the two ladies. Again, I asked another lady, a local this time, the venue location.  She obliged and pointed the building to me. Alhamdullilah.

I made my way there, and was a bit annoyed when I was unable to cross to the other side to reach the venue.  I had to walk to the nearest traffic light to cross and then U-turn to reach the venue.  Molane was waiting for me when I called him to inform him I was almost reaching the venue. 

After meeting Salmah and her hubby Sam, I joined my ex classmates at their table.  Chek Par, Anan, Jeremy, Idris, Sumana, Rosenah, Sukarni and Rukzana already had their lunch.

Then Rukzana drove us (Rosenah, Sumana and I) to her mom's abode at Winsted Road.  As we drove by our old school, Monk's Hill Secondary School, we began to recollect our times during our secondary school years there.  Rukzana's mom is an octogenarian, yet she has excellent memories. I gave her a big hug and kisses when we bade ta ta.

We then went to Beach Road Hawker Centre where I ate my favourite Tahu Goring, Mee Rebus and Satay Singapore. It was sooooo delicious.  I was actually craving for Tahu Goring, because I could not find it here in Kuala Lumpur.  Sukarni then joined us. Alhamdulillah.

Rosenah bought for me the famous Sup Tulang Merah for me to tapau home.Rukzana then drove us to Harbour Front for my trip to Kuala Lumpur. I felt sad when we bade farewell and hope to meet again in future, In shaa Allah.

I arrived Kuala Lumpur safely. I did my solat jamak and qasar (Maghrib and Eshaq) at the hotel's surau. Alhamdulillah.  Khairulzaman then arrived at the hotel and fetched me home.  Alhamdulillah.

(on board the Aeroline coach, very luxurious. Nasi Lemak for breakfast)

(the interior, very comfortable)


(the ladies ablution area (Masjid Temenggong Daeng Ibrahim), very clean and sweet smelling too)



(the wedding venue)


(mother of the bride (Salmah Awang, seated second from right) with ex Monkshillians)

(makan-makan at Beach Road Hawker Centre)

(after visiting Rukzana's mom at her apartment. From left Sumana, Rukzana, yours truly and Rosenah)

(at Harbour Front before I boarded the Aeroline coach. Sumana, me, Rukzana, Sukarni and Rosenah)

(Dinner tray.  Did not eat it because I was not hungry)








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...