Thursday, December 6, 2012

Tea at Batang Berjuntai



While travelling along the road at Batang Berjuntai, hubby and I stopped at this warong by the roadside.  I ordered tahu sumbat, whilst hubby ordered fried crispy bananas and sweet potatoes.  

Imagine my surprise when our drinks, tea o kow kurang manis (hubby's) and air suam (for me) was served in a mug, with a plate.  These days, when we have drinks at any warong or restaurants or even mamaks, very very rare that the mugs come with a plate.

It reminds me of the good ol' days, when it was considered rude if you serve your guests drinks in a mug or cup minus the plate.  So, to the makcik goring pisang, I salute you for still practicing this tradition.  BTW, your goring pisang also sedap when dip into the kicap cili api. Yummy!!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...