Thursday, June 9, 2011

Senior Citizan @50????




 (my dad with my mom...I love you both very much..)

 (my mom and dad having their Arab food...)

 (slurping fresh mango juice...)

 (riding the perahu....)

 (my darling parents....happily married for 54 years....)
 
 (Sofiyah with her grandparents)



I visited my parents last weekend, and when I wanted to return home, they suddenly told me they wanted to come along…. I was ecstatic…. They will be staying with me for a whole week, because the toddlers they babysit will be going to their grandparents house with their parents. 

My children were so excited when I told them their grandparents were coming…. They prepared one of my son’s room on the ground floor for them.  (My parents did not want to put up in one of the bedroom upstairs).

We reached Kajang safely just before maghrib prayers.  I then cooked dinner and we ate after eshaq prayers.  Hubby and all the other children were at home by then.

The next morning, I took my parents to Tabung Haji in Kuala Lumpur.  Ayeshah and I were to register our trip to Mecca and Medinah for our Umrah.  Sofiyah also tagged along.   After registration, we had our zuhor prayers and then lunch at the Tabung Haji cafeteria.  We then did our shopping for umrah apparel at the boutique in Tabung Haji.  It was almost 4pm and I decided we return to Kajang to avoid the traffic jam in KL.  I told my parents that we visit Pak Long (my mum’s eldest brother) the next day.
                   
So…after brunch on Tuesday, my parents, Sofiyah, Wahid and Ayeshah went to Pak Long’s house in Desa Jaya Kepong.  We took MRR2 and along the way, we stopped at McD Gombak.  We all had McD burgers… I of course, ate my favourite BigMac…

When we reached Pak Long’s abode, they welcomed us with open arms… Pak Long was his usual self…ever so jovial… as for Mak long… she will always be preparing something delicious to eat whenver we came..but this time we told her not to prepare anything….we already had our lunch… Yet, she still fried chicken nuggets for my children….

Then when we wanted to leave, mak long took me to her mini garden and told me to pick whatever plants I wish to take home…. Of course lah….cannot resist the offer…so I took 3 potted plants to hang over  my kitchen window….. Thank you so much mak long…

On Wednesday, just after zohor prayers, I took my parents and Sofiyah to Putrajaya.  My parents have never been to Putrajaya before.  So, they were pretty excited too… We had middle eastern food at the Putrajaya souk (Café Arab).  Will let hubby know that we could eat Arab food at Putrajaya..no need to travel to KL to eat Arab food….

Anyway,  Sofiyah wanted to ride the Perahu (Malaysian version of the venice gondola) at Putrajaya lake.  So…I went to the ticket counter to purchase tickets for the ride…. My parents wanted to join too.  Then when I enquired how much the ticket cost for senior citizens, the clerk said 50% discount.  So.. I only have to pay RM10 for each of my parents… But then when I enquired how old should a senior citizen be…I was caught by surprise when she said…senior citizen starts at 50 yrs old…. WHAAAAT???? Are you positive?  And she said, definitely!! 

Well…Im 53…so I should qualify lah for the discount… and she said Yes lah…. Oh Really?!! Don’t care lah….senior citizen at 50 if got discount why not????  (when I related the above at my FB status…one of my fb friends commented… (she has not touch 50 yet), if 40s become senior citizen also she don’t mind,as long got discount…if FOC more better….. HAHAHAHAAA…..)

Well, perhaps since the new 40s are those in their 50s….so the new Senior Citizens are now in their 50s…..




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...