Sunday, January 3, 2016

Zumba Journey 2016

 (me sitting cross-legged far right)



I was looking for Zumba classes around Kajang town....so I googled.  Alhamdullilah I came across this Zumba group from Sungai Sekamat.  They Zumba-ing every Wednesday morning from 8.30 to 9.30 at the Community Hall Sg Sekamat. Very convenient for me. But then when I called the Zumba coach for more info yesterday, she told me that Zumba classes are also on Sundays.  Thus I came this morning....my first Zumba lesson.

When I informed my neighbours, Nomi too wanted to join and so does sisters Azlina and Aznida who are my immediate neighbour's children. 

So this morning I fetched Nomi at her abode and we drove to the Community Hall and arrived there at 8.10am.  We were the first few who arrived early.  Then when we signed the attendees book, I was number three.  While waiting for class to begin, we lingered with the other students and introduced ourselves.

I was surprised with the huge turnout with pink tee shirts. Class began sharp 8.30am.  The Zumba coach then asked whether there were any new students.  Nomi and I raised our hands.  We were encouraged to move to the front row.  But since it was already full, we took our places at the back.  

It was quite easy to follow the Zumba steps.  I love the music and Zumba-ing to its beat warms me up.  After every song there was a short break where I took the opportunity to drink since I felt really thirsty.  I was sweating after the third song but I thoroughly enjoyed Zumba-ing.  But then, when they began to ''Jumping Jack".....oh boy.......I clapped my hands but I did not jump!! Dare not lah....did not want to injure my knees.....no....no..... But I love doing the crunches.....no problem for me.  I could bend my kness and squat too....Alhamdullillah.

When the Zumba coach invited Nomi and I to come on stage and Zumba with her, we willingly joined her and her team.  

After the last song, it was time to cool down.  Class ended sharp at 9.30am.  I felt energised.  Tired....but energised.  I look forward for Wednesday classes too.  In shaa Allah.

I also got this info where Zumba-ing at the Kajang Stadium is on every Saturdays and Sundays from 8.30pm to 9.30pm.  Well, looking forward to that too.  





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...