Friday, April 22, 2011

Laksa Sarawak

(Laksa Sarawak Paste)






My husband really enjoy eating Laksa Sarawak.  So, when I was in Kuching, I bought a few packets of the Sarawak Laksa Paste.  I would cook the Laksa Sarawak every weekend, i.e. since all my children are at home with me.

To make the laksa:

Boil 1 whole chicken together with 1/2kg of fresh prawns (no need to remove head and shell) and 1 stalk of lemongrass (smashed) in a pot of water till chicken cook (this is for the chicken/prawn stock)

Remove chicken and prawns. Separate prawns' heads and blend with a little of the chicken/prawn stock.

Then add the laksa sarawak paste into the stock pot, together with the blended prawns heads, salt to taste. Bring to boil.  Add in thick coconut milk. Bring to boil again over a small fire.

In a bowl, put the rice vermicelli, shredded chicken meat, prawns, tauge and shredded omelette.  Pour the gravy into the bowl.  Ready to eat.  If not hot enough, can add sambal belacan.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...