Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Beancurd (Tofu)

Beancurd (Tofu) is one of my favourite food. I can just fry a few pieces of Tofu and dip it in cilli sauce, or better still I would pound bird's eye chillies and add black soy sauce. Sometimes, I would just steam the tofu, add in crushed garlic, pinch of salt and black soy sauce, and voila!! a simple healthy dish eaten with plain white rice.

Tofu... so white and pure...

Anyway, I have this recipe for Egg Tofu (Homemade Beancurd) which I found in the Star, some time last year...

Egg Tofu (Homemade Beancurd)

500ml fresh unsweetened soya bean milk
5 eggs
3/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp cornflour

Line a 20cm square tray with cellophane paper of cling wrap
Beat eggs lightly and add soya bean milk, salt and cornflour. Mix well with a fork and strain the mixture into the prepared tray.
Cover the tray with cling wrap and steam over low heat for 20 minutes or until cooked. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.

Thats the recipe. Please let me know if you have tried making this tofu. So easy eh?? But then...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...