Friday, February 2, 2018

Mutiara Taman Negara

We had our breakfast at the hotel's restaurant.  There was no buffet so we were served a set breakfast of Nasi Lemak, kuehs and fruits with either coffee or tea.  We ate our breakfast on the patio and had a commanding view of the lush green surroundings and also the swimming pool and a tennis court. 

As we left the restaurant, I finally got a chance to view the motorbike with the add-on 'umbrella' which was parked at the staffs' parking lot. 

We finally left the hotel and head home.  Hubby decided not to follow PLUS so we took the village road to Jerantut.  When we passed the Galeri Mat Kilau, we drove in but was disappointed when it was closed (although it was only 12.20pm) from 12.30 to 2.30pm. If only the galeri caretaker abide the visiting time and not knock off for lunch ten minutes early.  Afterall the museum is not huge. We could definitely cover it within ten minutes.  [http://www.sinarharian.com.my/mobile/edisi/pahang/galeri-mat-kilau-bakal-jadi-tarikan-baharu-1.444739]

Then when I saw the Taman Negara Kuala Tahan signboard before the junction to Taman Negara, I was hoping that hubby would bring me there.  Come on lah laling....please please please....take me to Taman Negara. Thus it is Allah's will that laling took the right turn and Taman Negara, hither I come! Alhamdulillah.

When we arrived at Kuala Tahan town, laling went to the Masjid for Friday prayers whilst I walked to the riverside and was amazed at the numerous budget accommodations available . I also met a few foreign tourists and had small chat with them. Some have stayed here for more than a week.  They are not young but elderly tourists who told me they enjoyed their stay here tremendously.  Really??? Wanted to ask more but we were chatting in the hot sun so we bade farewell.

I met a couple all the way from Shah Alam.  They just returned from their river adventure.  They went canopy walking, visiting  an orang asli settlement and hiking until they reached the waterfall and enjoyed their swim there.  No wonder their clothes were wet.  I thought they had fallen into the river. 

Finally found a shed where I sat and drank my now almost empty tupperware bottle. Felt myself sweating beneath my jubah. Laling then called and asked where I was.  Told him at the shed near the car park. 

When hubby arrived, we then had lunch at the Family Restaurant, one of the few floating restaurants available.  This restaurant was highly recommended by the couple from the Netherlands (the couple who stayed for more than a week now).

This restaurant has both local and western menus.  No wonder lah got so many foreign tourists. Laling of course chose the Ikan Patin masak Tempoyak. If in Pahang must eat their Ikan Patin tempoyak.  To die for? No lah....

After lunch laling called Mutiara Taman Negara Resort asking for accommodation, if any.  My heart jumped with joy but sank when laling said lets go look for other accommodation. There goes Taman Negara....

But laling was just kidding me.  When we reached our car, laling unloaded our bags at the jetty and told me to wait him there whilst he parked our car.  Yes! Yesssssssss!!! Love you Love you ❤❤❤😁

We then took the boat to ferry us across the river to Mutiara Taman Negara Resort. The trip RM1 one way per person. At the resort's jetty we had to climb the stairs, whilst, our bags, thankfully, were put onto the buggy which was then pullied up to the resort. Otherwise pengsan to carry our bags up the stairs although we are both fit as a fiddle?

We finally checked into our chalet No.11.  Whilst waiting for our bags at the chalet, it rained, heavily.  I was in our room when laling called and said we have an uninvited guest.  I came out and there was this cute Kuang bird perching on the balcony's wooden rail. Hello bird...

Then whilst laling was having his nap, I went out and surveyed the resort's ground and also to register with the Taman Negara Rangers for my jungle trekking tomorrow. In shaa Allah.  RM1 each for entrance and RM5 for camera/camera phone. 

Laling then joined me when I was about to reach the furthest chalet at this resort.  Alhamdulillah.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...