Saturday, February 3, 2018

Canopy Walk - Taman Negara Kuala Tahan

After breakfast, laling returned to our room, obviously to continue his sleep, whilst I registered myself at the hotel's front office for my canopy walk hike.  There were ten of us, including me four of us were locals. 

We were briefed by the guide of the dos and donts when entering Taman Negara Gunung Tahan.  Then our journey began at the furtherst end of the resort.

Since this was an unplanned visit to Taman Negara, I did not bring my hiking shoes.  But I did bring my running shoes. So I wore those. 

Imagine my surprise when there were fibreglass platforms instead of walking on jungle trails. Also stairs for ascending and descending. Of course my shoes did not get dirty since no muddy trails (it was raining yesterday) to walk on. Ha ha.

We finally reached the canopy walk and took turns to walk the canopy.  I was the last to walk the canopy in our group.  I do not fear heights, so no problem for me walking the canopy.  Of course the canopy did sway a little when there was no one infront or behind me. At its highest point, I could not see the ground, so must be pretty high above ground.

We began at 9.30am and returned to the hotel about two hours later. When I reached our chalet, laling was already packing his bag.  So I took my bath and began packing my bag too.

We checked out of the hotel half past noon, took the boat to ferry us across the river and after loading our bags into our suv, we drove to the Masjid at Kuala Tahan to do our solat. Alhamdullilah.

We then had our lunch at Temerloh. The restaurant was beside the Pahang River and I saw the ikan Patin being reared in cages along the river.

Again, Ikan Patin Gulai Tempoyak for lunch. Enough patin for me.

We finally arrived home safely just before Maghrib. Alhamdulillah.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...