Sunday, August 20, 2017

Umrah - Hajj Tamattuk (Saturday August 19)

Hubby and I did our Umrah with Ustaz and those in our group from Andalusia. We completed Tawaf and Saie as well as Tahallul two hours later. Alhamdullillah.

In an hour it will be solat Fajr. So I need to freshen up and have my wudhuk (ablution). So hubby said to meet him after Fajr at the door outside Marwah.

I was about to enter the Ladies WC when I noticed a male pilgrim pleading with the security guard to allow him to wheel his mother into the ladies toilet. The guard refused to allow him. So I volunteered to take his mother.

I had to push the wheelchair down the slope into the toilet. Big mistake. I should have turn the wheelchair around and reverse down the slope since it was a long way down. I prayed that I could handle the wheelchair without having to zoom all the way down. She is no small lady....

Finally reached the toilets. Then found the cubicle meant for the handicapped. But alas none was vacant. We had to queue. Long wait....

Found one, but door cannot lock. So I wheeled her into the cubicle and waited outside using my palm to close the door so she could have privacy. Another long wait.....why she took so long....

I knocked the door and asked whether shes okay. Silence. So I peeped and saw her seated on the toilet bowl but did not know how to turn on the pipe to cleanse herself. No wonder lah so long time.....

So I taught her how to turn on the pipe and the water shot out and we both got wet. Hahaha.....she laughed too.

Another long wait.....knock knock knock. Peeped again....and she was already seated on her wheelchair. She spoke a language I understood not. But I guess she wanted to take wudhuk. So I wheeled her to the wudhuk area. She left her wheelchair and did her wudhuk.

I too did my wudhuk. Then I saw her struggling to get back on her wheelchair. So I assisted her. She was nicely seated but then I saw her having problem putting on her shoes. So I put her shoes on for her. Finally she was ready.

So I wheeled her out of the toilet. As I said shes no small lady, and I have to push her up the slope. Alhamdullillah, He knew my agony, and all the way up there were these two ladies infront of us walking slowly. Thus these ladies helped me take a break when I needed to catch my breath.

When we finally reached the top, I could see her son looking relieved seeing us. He said something in a language I understood not. But I guess he was thanking me and made dua for me too. I then gave his mother a big hug and kissed both her cheeks and we bade farewell.

After solat Fajr I met hubby and we returned to the hotel.

Hubby met his ex farmhand, Shidee after Asr. They then solat Maghrib and Eshaq at Haram. Hubby then took him to dinner at the food court at Al Bait.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...