Thursday, June 18, 2015

Ramadan Day One

Today is the first day of fasting in the month of Ramadan. Alhamdullillah.

I woke up at 4.30am to prepare sahoor for my family.  Since there were only five of us i.e. hubby, Badruzzaman, Wahid, Sofiyah and I, we had our sahoor in the kitchen area.  I cooked fried rice from last night's leftover rice.

As usual hubby solat fajr at the Masjid Kajang.  Me solat fajr at home.  Read the noble Quran and then took forty winks..... My mobile alarm woke me up at 8.00am.  Switched it to snooze mode and doze off again..... Suddenly the alarm sounded again at 8.15am and I jumped out of bed and got ready to go to the Masjid Kajang for Tadarrus with Imam Hj Fazry and my classmates.

There were ten of us. Alhamdullilah.  Imam Hj Fazry recited first.  I felt honoured when he called me to recite next. Alhamdullilah.  Then each of us took turns to read the noble Quran. Alhamdullilah we managed to cover two juzuks on the first day of Ramadan.  Our session ended at 11.00am.

I began cooking for iftar at 4pm. Of course there's the mee hoon soup Liza's style.... only available during Ramadan in our family. Heheee....... hubby and our children really love my mee hoon soup!!

Kak Ngah and Amin arrived at 6.30pm whilst Kak Long, Ahmad and our grandson Muhammad arrived as soon as we broke our fast. Only Khairul was missing since he was in Penang. Poor Khairul.....

After iftar we solat maghrib with hubby being the Imam.  Alhamdullillah.

Then all of us went to Masjid Kajang for solat eshaq and Teraweeh.  Even Muhammad came along.  He sat quietly with a note book and pen and doodled all over the empty pages.  At Masjid Kajang we did eight rakaats Teraweeh and three rakaats Witir. Alhamdullillah.

I am very grateful to Allah SWT because this Ramadan I could do my solat normally unlike last year during Ramadan where I had to use a chair for my solat Teraweeh.
Subhanallah, Alhamdullillah, Allahuakbar.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...