Sunday, June 28, 2015

Ramadan - Day Eleven

I am 57 years old today. Alhamdullilah.  But then if according to Hijrah calendar  my birthday falls on Hari Raya Haji i.e. 10th Zulhijjah.

But then my birthday was celebrated last night just after Iftar.  Never mind lah when half of my brood were not around on my birthday.  Got to get use to it in future In shaa Allah.

Anyway...I decided to cook Roti Jala for iftar today.  The recipe I found in the New Straits Times newspaper.  Since I wanted to make extra Roti Jala, I made the batter three times. 

When I could not find the mould to make the roti jala....I use the ketchup bottle to spread the batter onto the non-stick pan.  It was extremely easy. I managed to make about forty roti jalas. 

Then I cooked chicken curry to dip the roti jala.  Cooking the chicken curry took me about fifteen minutes.  But....cooking the roti jala took me more than an hour to finish the batter.

I gave a whole tupperware of the roti jala and also the curry chicken to my neighbour for their iftar too.

Hubby and the children especially Khairul love eating the roti jala, me too. Hehehe..... It was delicious.  Alhamdullilah.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...