Friday, May 29, 2015

Bags are packed but unable to go....

Hubby, Sofiyah and I were suppose to fly tonight to Istanbul via Turkish Airline. Then from Istanbul to Medina and then Mecca for our umrah together.

Our bags are all packed and ready weeks before our scheduled flight.  But then hubby got dengue fever last Tuesday and the Doctor who is treating him wrote an official letter to those concerned that hubby is unfit to travel because he got dengue fever and is undergoing treatment.  He can only travel after June 7th.

I then drove to Tabung Haji Travel on Wednesday bringing along with me the letter from Dr Vincent Wong.  I showed the letter to Tuan Haji Mohd Nasrol Na-Ain, Assistant Manager - Central Region ,who attended to me.

I was shocked when he told me that we cannot postpone the trip after 7th June and that we cannot get a refund whatsoever if we did not stick to the schedule.  But TH Travel will return us the deposit we paid when we booked the umrah package i.e RM1K each.  The full payment we made on May 5th is unrefundable.  So sad......

But Tn Hj Nasrol did suggest a few options i.e. Sofiyah and I leave for Istanbul and hubby joined us at Medina (return tickets borne by hubby). OR I go alone without hubby and Sofiyah.  Tn Hj Nasrol gave us until 10am Friday to decide.  He told us to whatsapp our final decision.

After the discussion with Tn Hj Nasrol I drove to pick up Sofiyah at school.  We then went to the hospital to look after hubby.  Hubby was sleeping when we arrived. I touched his forehead and it was so hot.  So I put a Cool Fever pad onto his forehead and an ice pack on both his armpits. 

I only managed to speak to hubby that night before I went home.  I told hin about the meeting with Tn Hj Nasrol and the options he proposed.

Hubby wanted me to go ahead without him and Sofiyah.  I refused.  How can I leave him when he is very unwell. So we decided to cancel the umrah journey. So so so sad......

Thus early this morning I whatsapp our decision to Tn Hj Nasrol.  I also seek his sympathy so that we could perform umrah at a later date so that we do not lose the amount we paid for the umrah journey.

Innalillahiwainnailaihirojiuun.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...