Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Sambal Cili Hitam

On Tuesday morning after sending Sofiyah to school, hubby drove me to Masjid Ibnu Sina at Lake Titiwangsa.  We left home at 9.20am after having our breakfast of nasi goring Liza which yours truly cooked.

Traffic was fine until we reached 9th  Mile Cheras....traffic came to a crawl...and crawl we did until Jalan Loke Yew, and Jalan Tun Razak. Hubby as usual, will take the road with no toll. 

If I was driving I would take the Smart Tunnel from Taman Connaught.  Afterall only RM2 one way.....

Anyway when we finally reached Masjid Ibnu Sina it was already 10.30am.  I was half an hour late.  Aiyoo....so malu lah... Hubby left me to run his errands in KL.

When Ustaz Abdulllah Bukhari Abdul Rahim saw me...he began to introduce me to the whole class.  All the ladies who sat infront turned around to look at me.  Only two of them were familiar....Hajah Arbaeyah and Hajah Norehan, my classmates from UIA Gombak.

I decided to attend Ustaz's Tafsir lectures here because I could not attend his classes at UIA this semester.  I have to attend Hajj Course at Masjid Kajang on Saturday morning until mid May.   I think my Ustaz has gain weight lah. 

After class I have to wait for hubby to fetch me.  When I called him he was with his friend drinking teh tarik. 

Then when hubby finally came, we had lunch at Kampong Bharu.  The nasi minang restaurant was serving the lunch time crowd so there was not much choice from the numerous minang dishes for us to choose.

We returned home after having our solat zuhur at Tabung Haji surau.

That evening I received a message from Kak Ngah via whatsapp asking for the Sambal Cili Hitam recipe. Then she told me her sambal not as nice as the one I made.  I could not help smiling to myself that kak ngah was hinting that I make the sambal for her.

Kak Ngah if you ever read my blog here is the recipe which I also put under Labels: Kak Ngah

Easy as ABC
1 packet of cili api from Giant
Garlic as much as you like. (Umi use about 15 biji bawang putih)
Kicap Manis Cap Udang

Blend or tumbuk all except the kicap.

THEN only you add the kicap into the pounded mixture and stir.

Leave in fridge after each makan time.

Oh ya....do this with LOVE....that is the secret ingredient.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...