Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Eid Mubarak 2014 (1435)

In Malaysia, we celebrated Eid Mubarak on Monday July 28 2014.  Thus, we fasted 29 days during the month of Ramadan, Alhamdullilah.

Two days before Eid, I began cooking chicken and beef rendang and also ketupat.  Hubby assisted me with the preparation and cooking too..... I also put on the apron which my son Badruzzaman gave me on my birthday.  Thus, we had all of the above dishes when we had our iftar.  I also gave some to my neighbour's children since their parents were away in Mecca performing their umrah.

(chef with assistant chef)
 (the chicken rendang)

 (the ketupat still cooking (4 hrs))

(ketupat cooked and ready to eat with rendang)

(Family picture minus kak long and her family)

We took the above picture after Eid prayers at Masjid Kajang.  Kak Long was absent because she celebrated Eid with her in-laws in Kedah.  First time since she got married, she was away from us during Eid. We missed her a lot.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...