Friday, July 18, 2014

Ramadan day 20

I was preparing the pre dawn meal by heating the pulut kuning and rendang daging from last night's moreh at Masjid Uniten when  I heard, via TV1, about MH17 which crashed in the Ukraine.  It was not officially confirmed that the plane was shot down by militants.  There were no survivors.  Another tragedy after MH370. So sad......

I had to go for physio again today. So I drove to Colombia Hospital and arrived ten minutes early.  My appointment was at 8am.

Mr Jeffery was away, attending a course somewhere. So Nethiya attended to me.  Did the usual routine....except for leg press where I had to lift 130lbs twenty times for both legs and 120lbs ten times for my rigjt leg only.  The session ended with stationery cycling tension 8 for 10 mins.  I was exhausted after that.

Then I went to Dr Azfar's clinic for a follow up appointment.  He said I could begin doing my solat the normal way.  No need to do it sitting on a chair.  I was so happy to hear that, Alhamdullilah.  He also said I could start running on the treadmill at a slow pace. Well, I will try that too.  He also adviced me to do more leg press at the gym to strengthen my leg muscle.  In shaa Allah I will go to the nearby Kaki Gym to start training.  Dr Azfar assured me that I will be able to run in the Stanchart Int Marathon in October.  He also told me not to run more than 20km per week.  Hello doctor......I could only managed 12 km per week before the knee injury.....

By the time I reached home it was already 10.30am......no time for me to catch my sleep, since I have to Tadarrus.  So I went to Hjh Nomi's abode and we began reading the Quran without the other ladies.  I read first. When it was Nomi's turn, Hjh Rafisah, Hjh Norazmi and Hanida arrived.  Then, when it was my turn again to read the Quran....I managed to read a whole page but I was so sleepy that I excused myself and returned home.

Since I have not slept since 4am....when my head touched my pillow...I fell asleep.  I woke up at 2pm and had ablution to solat zuhur.  Since Dr Azfar said I could solat normally...I tried to do it.  Standing, rukuk and sujud was not a problem, it was when I wanted to sit between two sujuds that I felt tremendous pain....not on my right leg...but my left.  It was so painful that I stopped praying and sat on the edge of.my bed and repeat my solat zuhur....

I then called the Physio clinic at Colombia Hospital.  Nethiya answered my call.  So I told her my problem.  She told me not to worry because it will take some time before I could kneel and sit between the two sujuds.  She could answer my queries because she too have other Muslim patients undergoing rehab at the clinic and who also have similar problems like mine.  

Then while waiting to pick up Sofiyah at school, I read the Quran until Juzuk 19, Alhamdullilah.

For our Teraweeh prayers, we went to Masjid Uniten.  Surprisingly the saf for the female area were four rows from end to end, Alhamdullilah.  According to hubby, from tomorrow night, the Arab Imam will be on duty.  It seemed he just returned from his "overdue" semester break.....hehehe... He is a student at Uniten University.

Hubby, Sofiyah and I then went to Ayza Restaurant to have supper.  I had thosai rawa, hubby mee goring mamak and Sofiyah cheese nan with chicken tandoori, Alhamdullilah.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...