Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sapi Island, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah

 (me with fellow traveller (Ann) from Sydney)

 (the rocking boat ride..)

 (the lovely beach)

 (crystal clear water)

 (snorkeling)






 (after lunch...)

 (the bbq tent)

 (Ann with her children, Derrick and Jennifer)


I left Kuala Lumpur for Kota Kinabalu Thursday July 5.  My daughter, Ayeshah sent me to KLIA at 5.30am Thursday.  My flight was scheduled at 7.30am, but it was delayed for half an hour.  I finally landed at KK airport 11.15am, and took a cab to Le Meridian Hotel.

Friday morning, I took a boat ride to Sapi Island with fellow travellers from Sydney, Australia.  It was a 20 minute boat ride from Sutera Harbour to Sapi island.

I did snorkeling, but did not enjoy it much, so I went swimming  instead....  I was in and out of the crystal clear blue water for three hours....thoroughly enjoyed myself.  Then it was time for lunch...bbq fish, prawns, hot dog, fishball, crabs, fried rice, fried noodles, fried long beans, cabbage and tropical fruits as well as desserts (local kuihs).

During the return journey, it was raining heavily, and the boat ride was bumpy....frightening but thrilling.....adrenalin rush.... Reached the shore safely, Alhamdullilah.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...