Monday, January 31, 2011

Plantar Fasciitis (Rehab)



This morning I went to the hospital again for my physiotherapy sessions. This was my first session with the therapist. It was still raining when I reached the hospital. In fact, it has not stopped raining since yesterday...

Anyway, I was half an hour early, so while waiting, I read the morning newspaper (it was yesterday's paper)....

When it was my turn, the therapist told me to lie on the hospital bed and lifted my left heel to rest on the pillow. Then she shone this huge light onto my heel. At first I felt nothing... then... I felt the heat... I ignored it by reading the newspaper...

After that, she rubbed gel onto my heel and massaged it using an 'ultrasound' thingy.... Finally, she taught me to do the exercises and gave me the flyer so that I could do it at home. There are 11 positions for me to do. I have to count to 10 for each movement, repeating it 10 times. Wonder how long it would take to complete the whole procedure.... Well, let it be few, but continuous... I need to discipline myself and remember each procedure without having to carry around the flyer....

I pasted the flyer on the wall next to my bed, so that each time I wake up in the morning... I will do the exercises immediately......hmmmm... will I??? But then...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...