Sunday, July 11, 2010

Cross Stitch - My 6th picture


The above is my sixth cross stitch picture. But it is still incomplete. Perhaps I could complete it in two months' time. My first cross stitch was a picture of the Holy Mosque in Mecca, which I did in 1999. Then a picture of a yacht sailing towards an island. My third picture was a galleon on the rough sea (that picture now hangs in my husband's office). Then came my fourth picture which was an old kampung house. For my fifth picture, I did the Holy Mosque again, but it has yet to be completed.... and now I am doing the above picture which will be my sixth.

Usually I will only do my cross stitch while watching television, and I only watch television after my dinner. Once I start doing my cross stitch, I would be so engrossed and sometimes felt my impatience to complete it fast. But then, my picture will only be complete within 6 months to a year... Well, I take my time to complete it..... No pressure whatsoever...

My interest in doing cross stitch surfaced when I visited my sister in law and saw her house full of cross stitch pictures which she did herself. There were framed flower pictures, cushion covers, table runners and table cloths. Wow.....

She was the one who taught me the basic of doing cross stitch. I bought a cross stitch picture of the holy mosque and showed it to her. First she taught me to fold the cross stitch cloth and marked the centre point. Then, using coloured marker pens, I would mark the tiny squares with a coloured marker pen of each coloured thread used. Having done that, I would start sewing the cross stitch onto the cloth. I could sit and do cross stitch until its time for me to go to bed....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...